Testing conducted since 2016 has repeatedly demonstrated DehydraTECH has the ability to:
- Increase bio-absorption with cannabinoids and nicotine by 5-10x—and in some instances with cannabinoids by as much as 17x—compared to standard industry formulations
- Reduce time of onset from 1 – 2 hours to minutes
- Mask unwanted tastes
It is also being evaluated for hypertension, oral nicotine, orally administered antiviral drugs, epilepsy, PDE5 inhibitors and more.
Lexaria operates a licensed in-house research laboratory and holds a robust intellectual property portfolio with 30 patents granted and many more patents pending worldwide.
Lexaria operates four subsidiary companies to focus on its different commercial opportunities in their respective industries:
- Lexaria Pharmaceutical Corp. investigates new products for hypertension, antiviral treatments, epilepsy, some pharmaceutical applications of nicotine and other drug classes
- Lexaria Nicotine LLC investigates oral non-combusted tobacco-derived nicotine product formats
- Lexaria Hemp Corp. pursues business-to-business opportunities with cannabinoids
- Lexaria Canpharm ULC operates a state-of-the-art Health Canada licensed laboratory capable of developing novel cannabinoid and other formulations for potential commercialization
Lexaria sub-licenses the Company’s DehydraTECH technology worldwide for the delivery of fat-soluble active molecules and drugs.