DehydraTECH – Faster and More Effective Delivery
Included below the following video is a list of research Lexaria has completed and is currently organizing. Each study includes a brief synopsis of the study with a link to follow for more information.
Lexaria Discovers that DehydraTECH-CBD Treatment in Hypertension Study HYPER-H21-4 Resulted in Reduction in Pro-Inflammatory Biomarkers – May 23, 2023
- DehydraTECH-CBD offers distinctive mechanistic benefits related to its growing therapeutic utility.
Lexaria’s Hormone Study Shows Significant Enhancement in Oral Estradiol Delivery – May 18, 2023
- 900% and 2,000% improvements in peak bloodstream delivery using DehydraTECH.
cGMP Manufacturing Complete for Lexaria’s Upcoming U.S. Phase 1b Hypertension Clinical Trial – May 11, 2023
- DehydraTECH-CBD is currently unique in its evidenced superior power to reduce blood pressure over other oral CBD formulations.
Lexaria’s Human Clinical Nicotine Study Completes Dosing as Planned – May 8, 2023
- Dosing of the targeted 36 subjects in its human clinical oral nicotine study NIC-H22-1 has been completed.
Lexaria Awards CRO Contract for Upcoming U.S. Phase 1b Hypertension Study – April 24, 2023
- Lexaria is working with its regulatory and clinical advisors toward upcoming IND submission.
Lexaria is Receiving Four New Patents – April 20, 2023
- Japan, Australia, Canada and the USA.
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD Diabetes Study Demonstrates Weight Loss, Improved Triglyceride and Cholesterol Levels – March 2, 2023
- Study DIAB-A22-1 has completed and produced at least three positive outcomes including weight loss in obese diabetic-conditioned animals, together with improved triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
Lexaria Discovers Potential Novel Mechanism From Hypertension Study HYPER-H21-4 – February 21, 2023
- DehydraTECH-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”) capsule formulation demonstrates a potentially novel mechanism of action in reducing blood pressure.
Lexaria Receives First Granted Patent In Canada – December 29, 2022
- First granted patent in Canada and 28th granted patent worldwide.
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD Achieves Superior Human Blood Absorption Levels – December 21, 2022
- Lexaria has demonstrated superior cannabidiol (“CBD”) blood absorption levels from its patented DehydraTECH-CBD™ relative to those of published, pharmaceutical-grade CBD industry comparators.
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD(TM) Enhances Performance Compared to Epidiolex(R) in Seizure Study Program – November 29, 2022
- Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH-CBD™ has demonstrated performance enhancements compared to one of the world’s leading anti-seizure medications, Epidiolex®.
Lexaria Examining Potential Therapeutic Use of DehydraTECH-CBD in Dementia – November 10, 2022
- This is Lexaria’s first-ever study to investigate whether its patented DehydraTECH-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”) may potentially have therapeutic utility against dementia.
Lexaria Starts Study Evaluating the Effect of DehydraTECH-CBD on Diabetes – November 8, 2022
- This is Lexaria’s first-ever study to investigate whether its patented DehydraTECH-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”) may potentially have therapeutic utility against diabetes.
Lexaria’s Human Clinical Hypertension Study a Success – October 27, 2022
HYPER-H21-4 using DehydraTECH-CBD evidenced:
- Exceptional safety and tolerability
- Statistically significant lowering of 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure (“BP”)
- BP lowered for the entire 5-week study duration
- BP lowered both for patients currently taking other antihypertensive drugs as well as patients not taking any other antihypertensive drugs
Lexaria Receives New Patent in Mexico – August 31, 2022
- Newest granted patent expands worldwide patent portfolio to 27
Lexaria Announces Positive Feedback from Pre-IND Meeting with FDA on DehydraTECH-CBD for Hypertension – August 10, 2022
- Significant Milestone Achieved in Commercial Product Development Program
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD Hypertension Study HYPER-H21-4 Dosing Complete with No Serious Adverse Events – July 27, 2022
- HYPER-H21-4 is designed to enhance Lexaria’s probability of success toward an Investigational New Drug application filing with the FDA
Lexaria To Receive Third Patent Granted in Japan; Submits FDA Filing – July 14, 2022
- 26th worldwide patent and the first patent issued from Lexaria’s seventh patent family
Lexaria’s Human Nicotine Study Nearing Start Date – July 13, 2022
- Lexaria is targeting the oral nicotine pouch category, one of the fastest growing segments of the nicotine industry
Lexaria Granted Patent for Use of DehydraTECH to Deliver Antiviral Drugs – April 21, 2022
- 25th patent grant is Lexaria’s first-ever patent for the enhanced delivery of antivirals
Lexaria’s Pulmonary Hypertension Clinical Study HYPER-H21-3 Delivers Positive Results – April 14, 2022
- Data From This Human Study, Together With the Findings From Lexaria’s Other Previously Announced Successful Studies, Intended To Support the Company’s Plans To Seek Approvals by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Lexaria Begins New Nicotine Formulation Creation and Evaluation Program – April 11, 2022
- Lexaria will receive a fee to provide certain DehydraTECH powder-based nicotine formulations to be evaluated by Altria. The new agreements are in effect until March 31, 2023
Lexaria Granted Important New Oral Nicotine Patent – March 08, 2022
- Newest granted patent expands worldwide patent portfolio to 24
Lexaria Reports Potentially Ground Breaking Findings in Sildenafil Animal Study – February 2, 2022
- DehydraTECH sildenafil delivered 74% more drug at 4 minutes, than the control
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH™-CBD Reduces Arterial Stiffness, Results Confirmed in Human Clinical Study HYPER-H21-2 – December 8, 2021
- Testing confirms that DehydraTECH-processed cannabidiol reduces arterial stiffness, potentially broadening application to treatment of cardiovascular and other diseases beyond hypertension.
Lexaria Announces Ambitious New Hypertension Study – November 3, 2021
- HYPER-H21-4 will be the most comprehensive study ever undertaken by Lexaria. It is expected to consist of 60 volunteers between the ages of 45-70 using three 150 mg doses of DehydraTECH-CBD, every day for the 6-week duration of the study
Lexaria Announces R&D Program to Compare First and Only FDA-Approved Prescription Cannabidiol – November 1, 2021
- Study to compare effectiveness of FDA-approved Epidiolex to DehydraTECH-CBD for reducing seizure activity
- Experts in respirology and neurobiology are among the talented team assembled to conduct the study, which is designed to investigate if DehydraTECH-CBD has similar or superior levels of efficacy in treating seizures as does the world’s only CBD-based seizure medication, Epidiolex
Lexaria’s Technology Proven to Deliver Oral THC More Effectively – October 13, 2021
- DehydraTECH delivers equivalent quantity of oral THC three times faster: 15 minutes vs. 45 minutes
Lexaria Oral Nicotine Study NIC-A21-1 Delivers Outstanding Results – October 5, 2021
- DehydraTECH-oral nicotine delivery peaked in bloodstream 10x to 20x faster than controls
- Peak levels achieved were up to 10x higher than controls
Lexaria Begins Investigational New Drug (IND) Enabling Program for DehydraTECH-CBD for Hypertension – September 8, 2021
- Positive results using DehydraTECH-CBD support progressing to FDA IND application oral
Lexaria’s Human Clinical Study Delivers Effective and Safe Blood Pressure Reduction Results over 24-hour Ambulatory Period – September 7, 2021
- Human Clinical Study HYPER-H21-2 evidences up to a remarkable 23% decrease in blood pressure with patented DehydraTECH-CBD relative to placebo
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD Lowers Blood Pressure – July 29, 2021
- Human Clinical Study HYPER-H21-1 evidences a rapid and sustained drop in blood pressure with DehydraTECH-CBD and excellent tolerability
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH Significantly Enhances Delivery of Colchicine in Study VIRAL-A20-3 – July 21, 2021
- Demonstrated significant enhancement in antiviral drug delivery using DehydraTECH-enabled Colchicine
- Possible benefits for treating SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 and mRNA vaccine side effects
Lexaria Completes Successful Antiviral Drug Molecular Characterization Study with Canada’s National Research Council – July 15, 2021
- Successfully confirmed Lexaria’s molecular characterization study objectives, demonstrating DehydraTECH processing and formulation technology does not create a covalently bonded new molecular entity (“NME”), and that each drug tested remained stable and did not undergo change in chemical structure
- These findings are strongly supportive of accelerated regulatory filings such as the 505(b)(2) pathway permitted by the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) and other international regulators
Lexaria’s Newest DehydraTECH 2.0 Formulation Tested in Study HYPER-A21-2 Demonstrates its Strongest CBD Absorption Results Ever – May 20, 2021
- New formulation delivers up to 2,708% more CBD into bloodstream
Lexaria Records Successful Results from First 2021 Study, HYPER-A21-1 – May 6, 2021
- Up to 2,178% more CBD delivered into bloodstream
- Up to 1,737% more CBD delivered into brain tissue
Lexaria’s Patented Technology Significantly Enhances Oral Delivery of Antiviral Drugs – December 1, 2020
- Improved delivery of both Protease Inhibitor (Darunavir) and Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor (Efavirenz) drugs exhibited improved bioavailability rate as high as 54%
- Demonstrates improved delivery of Darunavir and Efavirenz, two classes of drugs in use against HIV/AIDS and under investigation against SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH Formulation Delivers 475% More CBD to Bloodstream after 15 Minutes than Conventional Industry Formulations – May 15, 2019
- DehydraTECH delivered measurable quantities of CBD into blood in as little as 2 minutes
- DehydraTECH delivered 475% more CBD to bloodstream
- The area under the curve (“AUC”) for Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH was 389% more than the MCT oil control formulation
Cardiovascular Performance Improvements Including Lower Blood Pressure Discovered from Human Clinical Trial using Lexaria’s DehydraTECH Powered TurboCBD Capsules – February 21, 2019
- A single 90mg dose of TurboCBD provided evidence of lower blood pressure; higher blood flow to the brain; faster delivery onset of CBD into the bloodstream; and larger quantities of CBD within the blood compared to a single 90mg dose of generic CBD
Lexaria Bioscience Announces Further Advancement of Edibles Nicotine Testing Delivery Measured Within Minutes – August 7, 2018
- 90% more nicotine delivered at 10-minute mark
- 70% more nicotine delivered overall within first 15 mins of study
- 94% more nicotine delivered over the 60 min study period
- 295% higher brain levels of nicotine where nicotine effects are focused, compared to controls
Significant Bioavailability Results in Human Clinical Trial using Lexaria’s DehydraTECH Powered TurboCBD™ Capsules – August 1, 2018
- Lexaria’s TurboCBD capsules delivered 317% more CBD to bloodstream
Lexaria Achieves Significant Breakthrough in Alternative Nicotine Delivery Technology – April 17, 2018
- 148% improvement in peak nicotine delivery to the bloodstream relative to controls
- 1,160% faster delivery of nicotine to the bloodstream than achieved with controls
- 560% higher brain levels of nicotine where nicotine effects are focused, compared to controls
Lexaria Bioscience Corp. Completes Successful Skin Absorption Study – March 13, 2018
- As much as a 225% increase in CBD permeability when compared to the highest performing commercial penetration enhancer formulation assessed
- Almost a 1,900% increase in CBD permeability when compared to a control formulation that was devoid of both the DehydraTECH technology or any commercial penetration enhancers